Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently asked questions and answers about mold.
Mold is scientifically considered a fungus. It has a lot of harmful qualities to adults, children, and families, causing health problems and risks. Hazardous spores are constantly produced by mold to procreate and spread like a virus. They grow on dead organic material and thrive on dark, damp spaces to incubate and grow. House mold comes in many different types, with various health concerns and effects for each different type. It has been considered a dangerous substance for decades – in which case there have been advances in chemical compounds and solvents for mold removal over the years. Early detection is important to keep your loved ones safe from the side-effects of mold exposure.
There are many types of mold, however house mold is much different. ‘House mold’ comes in specific forms due to the nature and origin where mold can grow. Materials like drywall, wood, concrete, and tile, are common materials found in homes. This makes it more predictable to which types of mold will grow in a home.
Alternaria is a mold that produces large spores into the air. It can infiltrate the mouth, nose, and upper respiratory tract causing an allergic reaction. This is often found in carpets, textiles, house dust, and damp areas like bathrooms and basements.
Aspergillus is a type of mold that is commonly found in house dust and in areas with severe water damage. It can also be found in building materials like drywall and wood, where decomposing material is vulnerable to mold. They produce mycotoxins which can be associated with infectious diseases.
Cladosporium is the most common outdoor fungus that can travel through HVAC systems to infiltrate your home. The indoor species of this mold-type grows on tile, wood, concrete, and other materials that are contained within damp and dark areas. This mold is known for triggering hay fever and asthma.
Perhaps the most common household mold is Penicillium. It is known to cause asthma, hay fever, and allergies with moderate exposure. You can find this mold on fabrics in furniture, curtains, clothing, carpeting, and any other fabric that is damp. This produces mycotoxins as well.
Have you ever asked “what is black mold”? It’s name is Stachybotrys. It’s specifically classified as a ‘black mold’ type, which is highly toxic. It’s a ‘slimey’ mold that thrives on excessive moisture over long periods of time. The airborne toxins it produces is highly dangerous to humans as it contains more hazardous mycotoxins in larger doses.
Stachybotrys (black mold) produces large amounts of spores that contain mycotoxins in the air. These mycotoxins can cause serious breathing difficulties, memory and hearing loss, dizziness, flu-like symptoms and bleeding in the lungs. There are many side-effects to this exposure.
Mold can cause many types of infections, illnesses, allergies, and side-effects from exposure in short periods and long periods. It’s vastly controversial, however the risks are stated factually and scientifically. The reason for this controversy is that every person is different, with different weaknesses and immune systems. Health symptoms from mold exposure can thusly vary for each case. Excluding black mold, there are a few common symptoms and health risks to look for.
For Mold Sensitive People
- Nasal stuffiness
- Throat irritation
- Coughing or wheezing
- Eye irritation
- Skin irritation
For Immuno-Compromised People
- Chronic lung illness
- Obstructive lung disease
- Infection vulnerability
For Healthy People
- Respiratory tract symptoms
- Excessive coughing & wheezing
- Respiratory illness in children
Mold can be removed with various methods and techniques using a combination of replacing materials, dehumidification, and solvents. However, our company has an efficient rate of less replacement. This saves you time and money in the mold remediation process. Using solvents is the best way to get rid of mold if used properly and efficiently, and if the solvents are chemically proven to work (like ours).